Monday, November 28, 2005

Positively Lost Me-The Rave Ups


You lost a lot when you lost me/
Six paperback books and a dying tree
From WOXY Vintage. Wow, some aggressively jangle pop goodness. I completely forgot about the existence of anything about this song- I knew it from way back and have not heard it for at least 10 years. Anyone remember this one? Oh crap, of course you do, you've seen Pretty in Pink, which I have not. The song is not on the soundtrack, though I'm told the band plays the song on film when "Duckie" tries to get into a club.

I am annoyed by the fact that I cannot buy it anywhere except New Wave hits of the 80's Volume 12. I was hoping to find the vinyl, but I don't want to turn into pitchperfect. It does really bother me that stuff can be out of print and that once it does it can just disappear. Obviously, there is a lot of crap out there, but this was a well-like tune, and it should be available. Here's Trouser on it. I just love that jangly riff. And the "show Miss Piggy the waaaaaaaaaaaaay home."